Transaction Strategy and Corporate Structuring
We support clients to estimate and safeguard the economic value of their interest in a business or transaction by developing and implementing the right corporate or transaction structure. This economic value consists of not only the transaction price, but also the associated value drivers such as (1) Opportunity Costs, (2) Future Performance, (3) Financial Leverage, (4) Return Expectation, (5) Asset Type, (6) Type of Deal or Business and (7) Exit Strategy. These value drivers may impact the intrinsic value of any transaction in various ways.
YOU NEED TO:
- Determine the price and the intrinsic value of a planned transaction;
- Assess your risk involved and be confident that the associated return expectations are adequate;
- Develop alternatives to a potential transaction;
- Structure a business transaction in terms of type, set-up, financing and exit strategy;
- Identify and understand the full financial and economic implications of your investment /divestment options;
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities and assets in a cost effective manner;
- Identify and manage inherent business or transactional risk to improve your value;
- Understand your exposure to risk in relation to different markets, customers, partners and suppliers;
- Be confident that you have appropriate risk mitigation strategies in place.
WE SUPPORT YOU TO:
- Close a deal on executable terms and control the (transaction) process;
- Create and validate effectively your strategy;
- Determine the intrinsic value as the present value of future expected cash-flows;
- Identify alternative opportunities, for example the ability to obtain the same economic benefits at better terms from another firm or in a different kind of deal;
- Develop different business scenarios considering identified value drivers and given uncertainties;
- Assess the risk and value trade-offs of your strategic options including the impact on value of tax, financial reporting and regulatory issues;
- Drive plans through in a cost effective way and mitigate associated risks.